As part of the Walking Publics/Walking Arts project we have created a series of freely accessible online resources. Please read more at the links below
Below you will find a growing list of links and useful additional resources relevant to the project
- Dis/Ability and Walking Art by Dr. Morag Rose
- Walk Back Better Manifesto – Paths For All, Ramblers Scotland, Living Streets
Toolkits and Guides
- 30 Days of Fun Calendar – Paths For All
- Thriving With Nature Guidebook – WWF and Mental Health Foundation
- The GM Daily Mile Toolkit – Greater Manchester Walking
- Family Walk to School Kit – Living Streets
- Making Walks Sensory Toolkit – Sense and Ordnance Survey
- Ramblings with Clare Balding, Radio 4, Sept 2021
- Scotland Outdoors Podcast, Nov 2021
- The Pandemic and Beyond Podcasts
- WalkingLab Podcasts
Further Reading List
- Billinghust, H, Hind, C, Smith, P (eds) (2021) Walking Bodies Papers, Provocations, Actions from Walking’s New Movements, the Conference, Triarchy Press
- Careri, F (2001) Walkscapes: walking as an aesthetic practice. Barcelona, Spain: Editorial Gustavo Gili, S.L.
- Heddon, D, & Turner, C (2010) Walking women: interviews with artists on the move. Performance Research, 15(4), 14–22. doi: 10.1080/13528165.2010.539873
- Hind, C & Qualmann, C (Eds.). (2015). Ways to wander. Charmouth, UK: Triarchy Press.
- Morris, B (2019) Walking Networks The Development of an Artistic Medium. Rowman and Littlefield
- O’Neill, M and Roberts, B. (2020) Walking Methods: Research on the Move. London: Routledge.
- Rose, M (2021) Walking Together, Alone During the Pandemic,
Geography 106:2, 101-104, DOI: 10.1080/00167487.2021.1919414
- Springgay, S and Truman, S.E (2018) Walking Methodologies in a More-than-Human World: WalkingLAB. London: Routledge